- "Behold what manner of charity the Father hath
bestowed upon us, that we should be called, and should be the sons of God.
Therefore the world knoweth not us, because it knew not Him. Dearly beloved,
we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be.
We know, that, when He shall appear, we shall be like to Him: Because we shall
see Him as He is." (1 John 3:1-2)
- What is Heaven?
The place of perfect happiness
in the next world.
- "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither
hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for those
that love Him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9)
- Who will go to Heaven?
Only those who have Sanctifying
Grace in their souls at the moment of death.
- "Then shall the king say to them that shall
be on His right hand: Come, ye blessed of My Father, possess you
the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."
- What is the happiness of Heaven?
It will consist in seeing God
face to face and possessing Him in divine love.
- "We see now through a glass in a dark
manner; but then face to face. Now I know in part: But then I shall
know even as I am known."
(1 Corinthians 13:12)
- Why is the happiness of Heaven perfect?
Because God made you for Himself
and you can find perfect satisfaction in Him alone.
- "Thou hast made us for Thyself, O Lord, and
our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee."
- Will everyone have the same happiness in Heaven?
No, the happiness of some will be
greater than that of others, but everyone will be as happy as he can be.
- Why will some have greater happiness than others?
Because some will see God more clearly.
- "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of
His Father with His angels, and then He will render to every man according to his
- Why will some see God more clearly?
Because they died with more Sanctifying
Grace on their souls.
- "And every man shall receive his own reward,
according to his own labor."
(1 Corinthians 3:8)
- How, then, should you spend your time on Earth?
Try to get as much Sanctifying Grace
in your soul as you can before you die.
- "Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for
that which endureth unto life everlasting, which the Son of man will give you."
(1 Corinthians 3:8)
- "The night cometh, when no man can work."
- Will there be any sorrow or pain in Heaven?
No, nor will there be any sickness,
temptation, or sin, but complete, unending joy.
- "And God shall wipe away all tears from their
eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow
shall be any more."
- Will you know your family and friends in Heaven?
Yes, and also the Angels and Saints.
- "Now therefore you are no more strangers and
foreigners: But you are fellow citizens with the saints, and the
domestics of God."
- What would keep you from getting into Heaven?
Dying with a serious (mortal) sin
on your soul.
- "And there shall not enter into it any thing
defiled, or that worketh abomination or maketh a lie, but they that are written
in the book of life of the Lamb."
- How often should you pray to get to Heaven?
Every day, since getting to
Heaven is the purpose of life.
- "As the heart panteth after the fountains
of water; so my soul panteth after Thee, O God. My soul hath thirsted
after the strong living God; when shall I come and appear before the face of
- What is the chief difference between Heaven and Limbo?
The souls in Heaven see God face to face; whereas, those in
Limbo do not.
- Seeing God face to face is called the Beatific Vision.
It contains all possible happiness and is unending.
- You will never get bored or used to heaven because God is unlimited
in every way. Nothing on this earth can completely satisfy you, whether
it is money or fame or pleasure, since everything created is limited.
- Thinking often of Heaven, putting it before everything else, will
give you the correct scale of values, as well as peace of mind in this